Summer is here and everyone is planning for their annual leave whether now or later in September. Whatever you have decided to do, this post is to show you how traveling can make you happy, or on how to improve your holiday to make yourself happy.
1. Don’t say NO to traveling: I know some of you might just go for it which is good, but i know some also can be very picky. We all want to have the best vacations and travel to places that we absolutely love, but there’s no harm in trying different places with different cultures, you would be surprised of how much u would enjoy it too.
2. Don’t save your annual leave for no reason: I know a lot of people who have more than 2 years of leave balance at work, now why the hell would you do that? Those days are your right and you should take them unless you have a good reason or you are saving them for a long holiday! If not…well what are you waiting for?
3. Short trips: If you can’t afford taking a long holiday every year, then divide them into short trips during the year whenever you can. A 3 or 4 days trip here and there can make you happy and get back to your routine feeling fresh and hyper.
4. Don’t be boring: Traveling isn’t only about fancy hotels and restaurants, you don’t really wana spend your trip sleeping and eating and shopping!! You have to experience new things, do different activities, WALK AND WALK AND WALK! Try different kinds of food, buy cheap things, and enjoy the culture!
5. Extreme sports: We don’t have any in Kuwait, so why don’t you try something out when you travel? Trying one thing on a trip can change your trip to an unforgettable trip.
6. Flexibility: You have to know that you aren’t home! Things will be different, your plan might not go the way you wanted, and if you are going with other people you might disagree on many things. Here you have to be flexible for your own sake, you don’t really wana end up your holiday with a frown face and an attitude.
7. Plan ahead: Sometimes being spontaneous can be good, but it will make your life easier to have a basic plan for your trip, places you wana go, people you wana see, and most important is to pack early. Packing the last minute will make you stress out, forget some stuff, unless you are a guy who only wants pants and t-shirts :P
8. Stay in touch, just not too much: Sometimes it’s good to forget everything behind back home and clear your head, but staying in touch makes others feel special and that you care even you are at the other end of the world. Just don’t act like you are home and text and tweet the whole time!
9. Sentimental gifts: Try to buy your family, friends and loved ones some sentimental gifts. It doesn’t have to be expensive or fancy, as long as it’s cute, something you can’t find it home and from your heart, then the other person would appreciate it more, i know i would.
10. Don’t put your phone on roaming or you will be screwed :P