i found this recipe on all recipes for roasted garlic bread some times ago..
and i absolutely love a) roasted garlic and b) garlic bread
i tried this recipe a year ago and it was fantabulous – and suddenly today… i’m craving it again…
i don’t know if its the ramadan effect.. or the fact that i’m just a fattie – but all i want right now is some roasted garlic – and i’m making it again.. but i really do recommend this recipe to everyone!
check it out below with my amendments :D
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 baguette or large ciabatta
- 1/4 cup butter
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Slice the tops off of the garlic bulbs so that the tip of each clove is exposed. Place the bulb on a baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes, or until garlic is soft.
- Set the oven to grill. Slice the loaf of bread in half horizontally, and place cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Squeeze the cloves of garlic from their skins into a medium bowl. Stir in the butter and sea salt until well blended. Spread onto the cut sides of the bread.
- Broil for about 5 minutes, until toasted.