I’m one of those people who APPRECIATES creative ads, I actually wouldn’t mind watching million of ads as long as they are creative, funny or even entertaining. But what I have been seeing lately is getting a little bit out of hand. I do understand that in Ramadan people tend to watch a lot of tv (which is stupid in the first place) and all the brands and the marketers try their best to attract as much audience as possible, which is fine by me so far. But whats up with people spreading those ads everywhere like they havent seen any before?
With over 30 ads I have seen so far for many companies during Ramadan, I could easily say that 2 or 3 of them were good, and maybe one that was awesome. Am not gonna start mentioning names so you wouldn’t think that am backing up a certain company, but honestly, they were all below the average, why? well for many reasons:
1. Creativity: There is no creativity at all. You are watching the ad and already expecting what to see, or it’s simply lame and dull.
2. Sense of Humor: Some of the ads are trying to ad the sense of humor into the ad by throwing some lame and silly jokes. It’s not funny I promise you, if anything…it makes us like you less.
3. Acting: Whats up with trying so hard to put all other nationalities into the ad? are you trying to be funny? it’s getting seriously out of hand when all you do is bring people from other nationalities making a fool out of themselves just to “call it” funny? I don’t find it funny.
4. Music: Its alllllllll the same, ads sound too repetitive and nothing catchy, I do appreciate those ads with a song in the back, but you can’t just do ALL of your ads with that idea! it gets old.
5. Celebrities: Usually when you bring a celebrity then it’s probably gonna make the ad successful. However, this doesn’t work here, cuz what I have seen is that they bring a celebrity where he/she say a few words that does not make any sense, and am supposed to like it? well no sorry.
Am not a director nor a producer, I do know that making an ad is not an easy job, it takes them weeks if not months to come up with a 30 seconds ad, and for THAT reason am upset, please give us something different!
Does anyone agree with me on this? let us know what do you think.